Key Search Engine Ranking Factors
The main key search engine ranking factors you need are:
Title and Meta Tags Optimization
Keywords need to be found in titles, meta description and meta keywords. This will tell the search engine what your site is about
Proper Keyword Search and Usage
Keywords that are relevant and have high search volume
Primary keywords should be in URL
Use unique and high quality content. High quality is not about keyword density. More about focused content and keyword placement.
Proper Internal Linking
Top level category pages linked from main page
Keyword anchor text
Cross linking of pages and post that are related. Organized structure. See Siloed Structure
Backlinks Analysis and Development
Link authority, link popularity, link quality. Social development.
This takes time and is part of positive ranking for domain authority and trust
See Your Page as a Search Engine User Sees It
- Search engine users want to go directly to the page that is most relevant to their search. They don’t want to hop around to find the information.
- Users want internal pages that have focused content. Quality content will draw deep link searches.
- Users want individual pages optimized for their keyword. So, don’t lump a bunch of keywords together unless they are related.
Matching Keywords to Pages and Pages to Keywords
Match your primary keywords to your home page (1-3 words) These should be high volume keywords for your niche and be a more general larger vo;ume keyword.
Secondary keywords should be matched up with your category pages. These keywords should still be large volume and match your category terms. Posts will support your category pages.
Third level keywords should match up with your internal posts. Try to use 2-3 related keywords per post. Still keep content focused. Posts need to be added on a regular bases. They need to support the category they are in. To learn more about evaluating your keywords, click here
- Use decent writing skills and write about one topic at a time.
- Keep content focused on 1-3 keywords. This allows you to naturally include keyword variations and related terms.
- Your high quality content will also become organic link worthy when others see the value of your site.
- Try to write longer articles. Minimum should be 500 words.
This article is written by John Arend, the author of Google-Keywords.org. The site is dedicated to helping marketers find the ways needed to get to the top of Google. Check out the Google SEO Success Steps